Pages

Apr 27, 2009

Yzma Attempts to Lift Her Purse



Okay, so I was going to wait until this animation was completely finished before posting it on the blog, but I can't hold in my excitement much longer. I decided it would be fun to animate Yzma from the Disney film, "The Emperor's New Groove," for the heavy-lifting assignment for my 2D Character Animation 1 course, and so far I'm having a blast. This animation is fairly rough. She's missing a face, and a few of her in-betweens toward the end aren't finished, but her movement is there and that's what I'm most excited about. This is really my first crack at full character animation. Of course I did have a little experience with the Mushu head turn, and I animated the dessert-stranded flour sack in Animation 1, but really this is it. I couldn't be happier with the results thus far. I'm quickly starting to fall in love with Character Animation. Oh no!

Since I'm still in the tweaking phase, I'm definitely open to suggestions and critique. I want this to be a good piece for my demo real.

3 comments:

Greg Vinciguerra said...

Like I said...

F**king amazing stuff. :P

Lady Garland said...

Matt, you already know my sentiments! I think even without clean up this would make a really strong reel piece. I can't wait to see what you'll produce for your final project!

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done Matt! Looking great can't wait to see the finished piece. Keep it up!! :D