Pages

Jan 7, 2009

First week of Winter Quarter



My progress on my fantasy illustration assignments is painfully slow, but I am making progress. I have yet to scan in the finished version of my first drawing, but I do have the line work for my second drawing for you to view. I've also included a toned sketch to give you guys a basic idea of what the finished product will look like. The protective spell covers everything on Hoichi's body except for his ears. The ghost samurai notices the pair floating in nothingness, and decides to take them to his master. 

First week of classes has almost come to a close. I think it's going to be a good quarter. So far I'm most excited about Digital Cell Animation, where we get to spend the whole quarter developing a short film using Toon Boom animation software. Our professor focuses more heavily on the production side of the class rather than the finished project, so basically this is an open ended class where I get to do what I love to do: create concept art for an animated film. I can't wait to start drawing characters, painting layouts, and creating storyboards. I have a few ideas floating around in my head, so we'll see if they turn into anything formidable. I'll be updating this blog within formation regarding the film's progress. You can check out my animation blog that I created specifically for the class to get a more thorough breakdown of the process.

 www.doeringanimation.blogspot.com

I'm also taking World Mythology, and Visual Storytelling, both of which seam pretty exciting. I showed up to my 2:00, Visual Storytelling class yesterday only to discover that my 2:00 was indeed at 11:00. Wow I'm a moron sometimes. But other than that and a few laughs, it's been a good start to the quarter. My director for Performance Ensemble, arranged and dedicated a song to us. It was his Christmas gift to our group. We spent the class period today working on it and it's absolutely gorgeous. Kevin always seams to pick out just the right music to showcase our capabilities. 

Wow I'm sleepy. I wish I could take a nap, but I have work to do. Thank the Lord for coffee.

1 comment:

Lady Garland said...

I demand that you update your CLASS blog!

P.S. Awesome artwork as always! XD